There may be a need, when carrying out research with Enough, to provide the user with assurance that their confidentiality will be maintained.
Thank you for considering to participate in Enough user research. As part of this process, we want to reassure you that we take our confidentiality obligations to you extremely seriously.
To sum up: We will regard everything you tell us as confidential. We will send you the audio recording and we ask you to authorize the transcript or redact it as you see fit. We then delete our copy of the audio recording.
To break it down in more detail:
- With your permission, we will record the audio of our conversation
- We will send you a copy of the audio recording
- We then transcribe the audio
- We will send you the transcript to make sure we've not misrepresented what you've said
- You have the right to request anything to be removed from the transcript
- After you sign off on the transcript, we delete our copy of the audio recording
- All we keep is a digitally signed version of this promise to you, the transcript, your email authorizing it, and the checksum of the audio file.
- We will handle the transcript in line with our research guidelines
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this process.
Thank you so much for your time!
[user researcher name]